- Exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team and contribute to a better NSW water future
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $90,661 to $113,859 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Water Resource Officer, Social Analyst to join their Water Planning Implementation team.
As the Water Resource Officer, Social Analyst you will provide social science technical expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure the implementation and evaluation of water management plans achieve water reform and policy outcomes. You will report and provide relevant information on the progress and implementation of water management plans, and provide solutions to any implementation issues that arise. You will also establish and foster collaborative relationships across the industry to gain commitment to the implementation of effective water management plans.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will demonstrate
- Tertiary qualifications in social science, sociology, natural resources or a relevant discipline
- Ability to analyse data and produce comprehensive reports
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong research and analysis skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment with challenging workloads and competing demands
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Allan Raine, A/Director Water Planning Implementation on 0427 452 202 or via email at [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.