|Division:||Environmental Certification Services|
Since 1984, SCS Global Services has been a pioneer and leader in the field of sustainability standards and third-party certification, working across the economy in the natural resources, built environment, food and agriculture, consumer products and climate sectors. Partnering with companies, government agencies, NGOs, and stakeholders, we are striving to advance sustainable development goals through independent assessment, the application of sound science, and innovative solutions. Through these services, we are enabling decision-makers and purchasers to make informed decisions, giving innovators a competitive edge, and helping to drive the development of leadership standards to create a framework for continuous improvement.
The Intern for Water Services would be responsible for research of key market trends in the climate / water space. Co-development of webinars and e-learnings.
This is a part time internship, working 15-20 hours/week.
This is a 10-12 week internship, starting 1/9/2024
- Water Stewardship Verification and Consultancy
- Water Services – water footprinting, CDP/GRI, etc.
- Water Stewardship Standard Development and Water
- Footprint Standard Development
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform market research of climate adaptation, water policy / legislation for water recharge and wastewater reuse, innovative technologies around data analytics and reporting on water use / stewardship
- Co-create themed webinars in conjunction with changing landscape of water regulations and standards
- Create timeline for co-development of e-learnings – Fall/Winter 2023
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Complete fluency in English and work experience that involves professional written communication
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong customer service and teamwork orientation
- Proficient with business software including Outlook, Word, Excel and database management
- Proactive, good judgment, and ability to work independently in a changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, hydrology, water policy, or equivalent experience
*The above description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
This is an office-based job. Sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen to employees and vendors in person and via online video conference call applications.
*SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home.
Hourly Pay Range:
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.