This position is located within the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Services (ARS), National Sedimentation Laboratory, Watershed Physical Processes Research Unit, located in Oxford, MS.
The incumbent actively participates in the overall development and planning of research projects related to hydrology/ soil/sediment/ conservation assessment.
- Uses hydrologic processes, methods, procedures and management practices necessary to perform a full range of complex duties related to the area of assignment.
- Prepares drafts, drawings, charts, graphs, figures, and reports illustrating and summarizing research results.
- Applies initiative and resourcefulness in planning non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Assembles and installs complex precision instruments and devices; modifies or adapts instruments and equipment to obtain desired performance characteristics; devises experimental techniques; and observes significant trends in experimental data.
- Determines the causes of deviations in the test data, e.g., equipment malfunctions, sampling technique, or observational errors.