The RSBC is looking to fill two Database and Research Assistant positions.
The positions will be 40 hrs/week and start June 1st, 2020 (or soon after) until September 21, 2020 with the potential of extension depending on funding.
Hourly compensation will be $14.60 or more per hour depending on experience and funding.
Posting Date: May 18, 2020
Closing Date: May 27, 2020
The successful applicant will work from their home in the Lower Mainland, and report to the Executive Director
We are looking for a Database and Research Assistant. The position will be remote but working closely virtually with the RSBC team.
The ideal candidate would be flexible in their work hours, and passionate about environmental issues – a personal connection with the Fraser River would be an asset!
It started with a swim…The Rivershed Society of British Columbia (RSBC) formed in the wake of Fin Donnelly`s 1995 ‘Swim for Life’ – a 1,375 km three-week swim down the entire length of the Fraser River.
RSBC is a non-profit charity dedicated to improving the health and resiliency of the Fraser River, and its 34 riversheds. Since 1996, RSBC has been developing leaders through education programs and community events, and building stewardship capacity in the Fraser Watershed.
Our Vision: The Fraser Watershed is the most resilient watershed on the planet, with salmon, people and economies flourishing in rivershed communities.
Our Mission: Conserve, protect and restore the Fraser’s 34 riversheds
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the RSBC team to develop, organize, and utilize the database program.
- Working with the RSBC team to conduct research and produce materials regarding the Fraser Watershed and its 34 riversheds.
- Working with the RSBC team to create outreach materials, edit, and fact check documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- You have advanced communication skills, written and verbal.
- You are very detail oriented, and willing to take the time to do a task 100%.
- You know how to research, and fact check to ensure the content we are sharing is high quality and informative.
- You can balance working remotely and working in a virtual team setting.
- You are organized and dependable.
This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, therefore applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply:
Please submit applications to [email protected] .
Please no phone calls.
Ensure that the subject line refers to the job you are applying to and include both a resume and cover letter.