We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, building resilience to flooding, and by protecting and enhancing our waterways and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Melbourne is predicted to be a city of 8 million people by 2050. To remain one of the world’s most liveable cities we will need to embrace the challenges of urbanisation, climate change, rapid digitisation, evolving customer expectations, and a changing economy.
Melbourne Water is integral to the lives of people every day. Our challenge is to build on our legacy and strengthen partnerships for the sustainable development of Melbourne in order to know and deliver services the community needs now, and for future generations.
As the Manager Water Services Planning you’ll be responsible for leading Melbourne Water’s customer centric approach to creating integrated servicing plans delivering:
- Healthy People – Strengthening the wellbeing of the community
- Healthy Places – Co-creating the world’s most desirable places to live
- Healthy Environment – Enhancing the natural environment
Reporting to the General Manager Integrated Planning, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and enhance our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
Melbourne Water is committed to flexible working. We offer a variety of flexible arrangements to suit our employees varied needs and the business. We understand that Melbourne Water and our customers benefit from enabling our employees to achieve balance in work and life.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience leading teams and delivering outcomes in an environment with complex issues, programs and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of world leading practice in integrated water management (including waterways, water and sewerage networks, stormwater and drainage and flood planning and delivery) and the nexus with land use planning.
- A track record of developing and implementing innovative approaches to contemporary multi-disciplinary challenges.
- A proven ability to negotiate effective outcomes across a wide range of stakeholders including the urban development industry, policy makers, regulators and government.
- A demonstrated understanding and application of best practice risk management, and building a team culture of achievement and active safety improvement.
An ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required, together with a relevant tertiary qualification.
For more information, please see the attached Position Description
How to apply
Click on the “apply” button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: 27 MAY 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required