Develops and recommends environmental policy for SoCalGas in response to proposed regulations, legislation or emerging environmental policy issues. Provides analysis of environmental regulations, legislative policies and emerging political trends that could impact SoCalGas and its customers to determine Company position and action. Provides early warning of potential changes in critical local, sate and federal environmental and public policy agenda; and working with appropriate business units, develops Company responses. Manages business unit teams to assess impact of regulation and legislation and set Company position or appropriate response to environmental and public policy issues. Manages company contacts with special public interest groups; Directs the development of detailed analyses/studies of proposed rules and/or regulations; Develops or directs the preparation of materials, issues statements, etc., related to legislative or public policy and energy/environmental or business issues. Represents Company before external audiences to communicate Company positions and to solicit support.
– Development of environmental policy positions on strategic issues in the local, state and federal legislative arena. This would include the direction of interdisciplinary teams of key management, legal and technical/operational experts.
– Conducts approporiate analysis on proposed regulations and legislation. Develop input to regulatory and legislative proceedings; prepare evidence, testimony and necessary supporting documentation.
– Develops and implements communications strategy on Company positions in order to achieve success in the environmental policy and legislative arena. This would include internal and external communications; including identifying and organizing supportive stakeholder interests to support company positions, particularly on the role of natural gas as a foundational fuel for California.
– Manages communications with both internal and external audiences, including Sacramento and DC offices, and Regional Public Affairs.
– Represents Company position before stakeholder groups and agencies and others, as necessary to solicit support for Company business and public policy issues.