Job Number: 501759 | Vacancy Link
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Accountable for professional technical contribution to programme/project design, planning, administration, monitoring and evaluation of emergency and regular WASH programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting, and commitment for enhancement of teamwork and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS :
- Programme/Project Management
Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective emergency/regular WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Draft sound WASH programme budgets for review by the supervisor including steps to enhance emergency preparedness and response.
- Programme Efficiency and Effectiveness
Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through evidence based approach and implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply, non-supply and emergency assistance and WASH programme status.
- Work Plan and Programme Documentation
Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment (for both development and emergency orientated activities) as well as in the drafting of Country Programme Recommendation and other programme documentation, assuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action.
- Programme Implementation Information and Data
Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database (e.g., FLS, ProMS). Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies. Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting.
- Knowledge Sharing
Compile WASH programme implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders, donors and media.
- Communication and Networking
Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Operations staff to implement internal controls systems and resolve day-to-day issues or discrepancies in financial or supply management.
- Team with local Government counterparts and sectoral stakeholders to exchange information on emergency/regular WASH programme implementation and status, capacity and vulnerability/risk mapping preparedness as well as movement, prepositioning and distribution of supplies.
- Coordinate with members of the development community, including NGOs, UN and bilateral agencies in the exchange of information relating to WASH sector. Where appropriate support the IASC WASH Cluster during preparedness and response to emergencies.
QUALIFICATION and COMPETENCIES :
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Civil/Environmental/Sanitary/Water Resources Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
Additional training in Health Education. WASH in School or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- Work Experience
One year of professional work experience national government and field work experience.
Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response).
3, Languages: Fluency in English and Arabic.
Competency Profile :
- i) Core Values (Required)
- Commitment •
- Diversity and Inclusion
- ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ I ] • Drive for Results [ I ]
- Functional Competencies (Required)
- Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
- Learning and Researching [ II ]
- • Planning and Organizing [ I ]
- • Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ] • Analyzing [ II ]
Duration: 364 days
Opening Date 5 Dec 2016 FLE Standard Time
Closing Date 11 Dec 2016 FLE Standard Time