- Seeking a water regulatory professional to lead a dynamic team
- Ongoing full-time role available, NSW location negotiable
- Generous remuneration package. Salary from $128,089 to $148,134 (plus super and annual leave loading)
Our Water Group is currently seeking a Manager Water Regulatory Implementation to join their Water Planning Implementation team.
As the Manager, you will establish and lead a multidisciplinary team which drives the implementation of regulatory aspects of water sharing plans across the state. You will direct the coordination of ongoing regulatory water implementation activities to provide for continuous improvement of water management to achieve water reform, plan and policy outcomes.
A key aspect of this role will be to lead and participate in cross-agency and inter-jurisdictional forums as they relate to water sharing regulatory implementation. You will also lead the provision of expert advice on complex and politically sensitive issues to inform business decision making.
To learn more about the role, click here to view the role description.
To be successful in this role, our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in managing and coordinating regulatory activities
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science, natural resource management or a relevant discipline
- Strong understanding and familiarity with water resource management processes
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to manage expectations
- Ability to work in a politically sensitive environment with challenging workloads and competing demands
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment drives Government priorities across key areas such as long-term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries.
Our Water Group exists to efficiently manage water in NSW with the objective to create a contemporary government water agency focused on planning and policy, regulation, information and insights, and programs and performance.
Applying for the role
Applicants must address their suitability by supplying an updated copy of their resume and a brief cover letter that outlines your skills and experience relevant to the role.
Closing Date: Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 11:55PM
Enquiries: Allan Raine, A/Director Water Planning Implementation on 0427 452 202 or via email at [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary roles of the same role or role type that may become available for filling over the next eighteen months.
Our commitment to flexible working:
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity, and delivery of high-quality services. We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible.
Our commitment to diversity:
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment recognises that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disability.