WORK LOCATION: Buxar , Bihar
WaterAid is planning to execute its new strategy in District Buxar through it partner organization Samagra Seva Kendra. Implementation is based on mitigating and preventing problem related to Safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in defined geography of Buxar. Samagra Seva Kendra being an implementing partner envisaged to operationalize the project component with Government under scheme Jal Jeevan Mission/Har Ghar Nal Ka Jal and Post Swaach Bharat Mission sustainability phase.
Under the supervision of Project Director (Secretary) SSK, and in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator Water Aid India, Project Coordinator SSK will be part of team based in Buxar and would be responsible for the implementation & ensuring delivery of outcome as agreed in the Project agreement of SSK & Water Aid India specially in context of implementing WaterAid new strategy on ensuring Access to safe water, Sanitation and Hygiene to most Marginalized communities of Buxar.
The Project Coordinator is expected to undertake operational and thematic responsibilities which ultimately guides the suggested Project approach between the different project elements and variety of audiences.
- Adaptation and execution of Access to safe water, Sanitation and Hygiene approach through Plan of implementation under Wateraid India new strategy, which mostly includes:
- Plan activities & engagements with different stakeholders for both qualitative and quantitative output & data collection resulting in the validation of behavioural objectives.
- Provide Input in WaterAid India strategy and applying it for project’s different audiences.
- Developing liaison and advocacy strategy with District Administration on WASH.
- Advocate with different municipalities, educational institutions, cultural centers, health institution other organizations or partners in community for better integration of WaterAid new strategical components.
- Ensure in developing thematic components on safe drinking water access, Sanitation and hygiene for implementing field work.
- Support in developing impact assessment tools of WASH activities in collaboration with local groups, Panchayats and District Administration on behalf of WaterAid.
- Lead project at district level and Coordinate project activities so that there is coherence and complementarity between them to have a positive impact on the specific target groups and the community.
- Facilitate and provide required support in planning of Safe Drinking water activities linked to the interventions of the other components of the project.
- Maintain a clear line of communication between the different stakeholder/sectors actors of project and water Aid
- Manage the resources allocated to the budgeted activities efficiently (in collaboration with the WaterAid and Samagra Seva Kendra).
- Consolidate and compile the reports of field works and support the incorporation of information into the different reports (annual, biannual and final).
- Ensure timely utilisation of project Budget and keep track of the variance and maintain and generate all budgetary reports as and when required.
- Liaison with District administration for efficient implementation of project.
- Support external donor visit from WaterAid India.
- Based in Buxar strong local ties would be preferred.
- Fluent in Hindi and English.
- Post graduate Degree in one of the following social sciences: sociology/social work, community development, Development studies, Political science Mass communication, public health, or other related discipline;
- Three years’ experience in a non-governmental, non-profit and/or other local organization is preferable and Fresher are also encouraged to apply
- Excellent organizational, logistical and communication skills;
- Gender sensitive
- Interest in water, sanitation, and hygiene;
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Salary and Benefits
Total CTC Rs. 31,000 per month and travel & communication as per actual.
HOW TO APPLY
The interested candidate may apply at email address of SSK ([email protected]) within 08 days from the date of advertisement. Beside CV the application should also contain covering letter.
Chhedi Prasad (Secretary)
Samagra Seva Kendra
At & Post – Barachatti,
Dist – Gaya, Bihar – 824201
Contact No – 9934235635