The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Senior Research Assistant (SRA) for a one-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment in its Environment and Production Technology Division. The Senior Research Assistant will work with senior research staff on a variety of water management topics, and in particular on the impacts of water management on nutrition and health, assisting with the preparation of reports and discussion papers, interacting with collaborator project partners, the organization of workshops, training, and other research analyses and support activities related to the work of the Division. This position is located at IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington DC, but involves travel to countries where IFPRI carries out its research.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Co-author reports and journal articles.
- Edit reports, discussion papers and other content for publication.
- Assist in the preparation of discussion papers and donor reports.
- Assist in the development of concept notes and proposals for fundraising activities.
- Maintain applicable websites, annotated bibliographies &/or project inventories.
- Assist in the development, collection, management, cleaning and analysis of household survey data (including survey design, sampling & questionnaire development).
- Conduct enumerator trainings abroad and facilitate survey implementation; coordinate development of electronic survey instrument.
- Advise on various gender, nutrition and health-related components of grants, surveys, analyses and projects.
- Assist with ongoing project coordination and management activities as needed.
- Assist with the development of research instruments and analytical tools.
- Conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, econometric analyses.
- Conduct literature reviews & syntheses.
- Participate in outreach through conference presentations, blog-writing and website content development.
- Assist in preparing large datasets for public access.
- Reply to internal/external data requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Water Resources, Food Policy, Applied Nutrition or similar field.
- Demonstrated strong writing skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Advanced knowledge of STATA.
- Ability to perform quantitative data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research.
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well.
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with popular software packages & Internet based systems.
- Knowledge of French