Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Under the direct supervision of Project Engineer, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Assist in the monitoring and implementation of civil works on site and report back daily to the Project Engineer;
- Assist in coordinating the work on site and in reporting activities;
- Support in the identification of beneficiaries and new sites upon the request of the Project Engineer;
- Assist in the coordination of tasks with other partners and national counterparts;
- Supervise and follow up on daily labour tasks and security measures on site;
- Keep records of daily labour attendance on the site and prepare reports for labour and working days;
- Prepare bi-weekly reports of the work progress;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Project Engineer;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Academic: BS in Engineering and/or any related fields in civil engineering, agriculture, irrigation and mechanical;
- 1 year of junior experience. Experience in related field is a plus
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in water/ irrigation engineering;
- Motivated to contribute towards peace and development and to serve others;
- Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Willingness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Flexible and open to learning and new experiences;
- Respect for diversity and adaptability to other cultures, environments and living conditions;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, social media, and others).
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
1.Go to https://vmam.unv.org/
2.If not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool, please register your profile following below steps:
a. Click on “Candidate Signup”, enter your basic personal information and click “Sign Up”.
b. You will receive a notification e-mail to your registered e-mail
c. Click on the link in the e-mail to validate the e-mail address
d. Complete all the required sections under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
e. If you have more than one nationality, make sure to add Lebanon as your current nationality otherwise your application will not be considered for national UNV assignments
f. Click “Submit my profile”
g. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Junior Water Irrigation Engineer (LBNR000312) click Apply then press “Submit my Application”.
3.If already registered in the UNV Talent Pool:
a. Update your profile under “My Profile” (Personal Information, Addresses, Qualifications, Experiences, References). Under Personal Information section, please make sure to tick the box “I am interested in serving as a volunteer” and select “National only” or “Both national and international”. Do not select “International only”.
b. Go to “My Page” -> Click on “Special Calls” -> search for “Junior Water Irrigation Engineer (LBNR000312)”, click Apply then press “Submit my Application”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.