The Norwegian Red Cross is part of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest humanitarian network with millions of volunteers and staff operating in 190 countries. Our mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. To achieve this, we follow the seven humanitarian principles; Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity and Universality
Norwegian Red Cross has a longstanding strategic partnership with the Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) for responding to the protracted Syrian crisis since 2013. Norwegian Red Cross has supported SARC’s WASH interventions both bilaterally and multilaterally and to date, WASH remains Norwegian Red Cross’s key priority sector. SARC implemented Norwegian Red Cross supported projects aimed at improving health of vulnerable people affected by conflict and protracted war from 2016 through 2019. The major project outputs were the rehabilitation of water supply systems; provision of WASH equipment and supplies during emergencies and creation of hygiene awareness. The projects were funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NMFA) and own funds around $10m annually.
The purpose of this position is to assess the overall Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) project design and management, including coordination and project results achieved regarding the attainment of objectives for projects implemented between 2016 to 2019 by SARC in various governorates. The main objectives are to determine the relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of the projects as defined in the Terms of Reference (ToR).
· Undertake desk review of relevant documents including project packages, reports, strategy and implementation guidelines and standards
· Prepare inception report detailing process and methodologies to achieve the main objective of this consultancy as stated above. Present for review and further inputs before proceeding with the development of data collection instruments.
· Design, develop, and refine data collection tools including translation to Arabic where necessary.
· Conduct a comprehensive field-based evaluation using both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to collect data, based on the criteria and objectives of the evaluation as stated in the ToR.
· Carry out data analysis of the quantitative and qualitative data and prepare draft evaluation report.
· Present the draft report to NorCross for review before producing a second draft.
· Submit a final WASH evaluation report as per the Terms of Reference
We seek a person who;
· demonstrates WASH specialist knowledge and expertise in humanitarian context
· uses a methodical and systematic approach to plan and conduct final project evaluation
· communicate in a clear, precise and structured way; presents effectively
· University degrees at post-graduate level in relevant field of study, i.e., engineering, environment or equivalent), or combination of education and relevant work experience
· Over 7 years’ experience conducting final WASH project evaluation through qualitative and quantitative research including the development of required tools
· working in Syria or MENA region or in protracted and/or conflict contexts with security constraints and limited access
· Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills required
· Excellent written and spoken English skills; working knowledge in Arabic preferred
· Strong computer skills in spreadsheet, word processing, database management
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
Country Program Manager
Position is based in:
3 months’ contract
Why should you apply?
Meaningful: Youll be a part of the world’s largest humanitarian organization, reaching the most vulnerable people in their local community.
Impact: You will help National Societies in the region to become strong, self-sustained and accountable humanitarian actors.
Career: You will be connected to an international organization with staff based all over the world
A great place to work: You will work in a multicultural environment with hard-working, dedicated and fun colleagues with a strong culture of collaboration, continual improvement, and celebration of wins.
Norwegian Red Cross striving to build a working culture based on respect, honesty and generosity. **
We do a thorough background check on relevant candidate.