Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
- Assist in the implementation of baseline and KAP surveys and other data collection activities.
- Adapt hygiene promotion package for households, schoolteachers and students.
- Organize and implement schoolteacher trainings.
- Support the roll-out of hygiene promotion to students and to households.
- Adapt hygiene promotion package for communities, with a range of topics including water safety, water storage, water treatment, and food use and hygiene and care practices.
- Provide hygiene promotion to communities, adapted to the specific needs of men, women, boys and girls.
- Maintain links with community health volunteers to ensure closed coordination in order to well carry out hygiene promotion activities among target groups.
- Liaise closely with the local representatives of the Ministry of Education, Health, and GARWSP, father’s council at schools, health committees and community water management committees (CWMCs).
- Prepare the regular reports and progress update.
- Undertake other duties as required
Site management and coordination
- Work closely together with community-based site management committees at sites
- Monitor sites to identify needs, gaps in service provision, and duplication of efforts at IDP sites
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Support other teams in conducting multi-sectorial assessments of IDP needs
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Support the CCCM team in conducting WASH related capacity building
- Actively participate in development and implementation of protection and gender mainstreaming
- Perform any other duties assigned by the WASH Team Leader to advance DRC’s work
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 1 years of direct experience in WASH projects.
- Good skills and experience with Ms Office and internet usage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leaving or from targeted governorates
- Able to make strong relations with community and key persons.
- Ethical, trustworthy, creative, dynamic and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- INGO experience preferred.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Bachelor/public health or equivalent.
- Good Level of English language (written and spoken)
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract ends in 31 December 2020, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Aden.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I Non-Manager).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]
Applications close 27 May 2020. The interviews are expected to take place, in two weeks after advertisment closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact [email protected].
Please note that applications sent directly to [[email protected]] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo