Bahar Organization is an independent non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides humanitarian aids to vulnerable people without any discrimination in all its forms. BO is operating to response for the needs and basic requirement of the humanitarian crisis in Syria in the middle of the affected communities caused by the conflict the basic principles of BO’s activities are to enhance the basic life standards to the affected population by delivering the humanitarian aid based on the needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized engineering assistance for the daily planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects within the cross-border response to the Syria crisis, especially construction of water tanks and emergency latrines as part of the Rapid Response Mechanism, rehabilitation of WASH facilities in schools, water trucking, distribution of hygiene kits and any Shelter & WASH related activities in NW Syria.
- Work closely with the field team to coordinate, support, and set site plans, Bill of Quantities and technical specifications for all proposed WASH activities in NW Syria. Verify conformance to technical quality, based on both SPHERE, WASH cluster guidelines.
- Create and design WASH technical tools, surveys and BoQs and train the field team on using them.
- Work closely with the WASH coordinator to support the technical issues of the project activities.
- Submit weekly progress reports to the WASH coordinator.
- Assist in all the technical aspects of the WASH projects in compliance with Bahar’s policies and procedures and adhered to in a timely and efficient manner and within the budget.
- Assist in developing weekly monitoring plans and share them with M&E.
- Work closely with M&E unit in the PDM process and support in developing M&E technical assessments and tools.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Architecture, Civil / Environmental Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in remote project management, preferably in the Syrian crisis;
- Experience in WASH activities, specifically rehabilitation of WASH facilities in schools and formal/informal camps.
- Experience in developing M&E tools and assessments;
- Proficient use of Micosoft softwares such as Excel and PowerPoint and other software such as Autocad, SPSS, KoBo toolbox, DropBox, etc;
- Experience working non-governmental or governmental institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Working knowledge of Turkish is advantageous.
- Turkish nationals will be mainly considered for this role.
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by completing the form in the following link:
Female candidates and Turkish nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.