Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support and guidance to UNHCR sub-office, field offices and partners on activities within the areas of WASH.
- Undertake needs and resource assessments with sub-office and field offices to prioritize needs and activities in the provision of WASH services refugees and returnees.
- Make provisions for the installation of WASH services in any new camp or camp extension identified for the settlement of refugees in direct coordination and collaboration with the designated site planner or shelter officer.
- Contribute to the scale up of the UNHCR WASH monitoring framework in projects and keep the records updated.
- Assist in and check engineering calculations leading to detailed drawings for required WASH infrastructures and activities and associated cost estimates for camps/settlements, transit centers, etc.
- Contribute to develop training plans and tools and provide inputs in training sessions to ensure that implementing partners, refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR acquire the needed knowledge and skills.
- Represent the WASH sector internally and externally, in particular in the WASH cluster with other relevant actors/technical coordination platforms as necessary.
- Emergency response: Willing to be deployed for the first phase emergency response to carry out needs assessment and support the country to develop a WASH strategic plan of response.
- Engineering (preferably MSc) in hydrology, hydrogeology, hydraulics, water/sanitation management or environmental sciences.
- A minimum 2 years of experience in water supply and sewerage works, water purification systems, pump installations and associated electrical works, etc.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Experience in project cycle management, partnerships, disengagement strategy and sustainability of WASH projects is essential.
- Have affinity with or interest in humanitarian relief, post-conflict situations, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 24-05-2020