ME&A seeks experienced Chiefs of Party (COPs) for USAID’s anticipated Global Waters Communication and Knowledge Management II (Water CKM II) Project. Water CKM II will provide services for communication and knowledge management to collect, create and share water sector program data and information among USAID partners; and enhance communication and outreach, through different channels, to engage and increase awareness of USAID water program activities and results to a wide range of stakeholders and audiences. Anticipated Project will reflect the Agency’s strategic direction in the communication and knowledge management water sectors, including, but not limited to: water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), water sector governance, water sector financing, and management of water resources.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management of the Water CKM II. S/he will be the key point of contact with USAID’s Water Office and Bureau for Food Security (FS) regarding day-to-day coordination, implementation and management matters related to the contract. S/he establishes and maintains constructive relations with stakeholders, counterparts and others in the donor community throughout the project lifecycle and oversees a team of experts and support staff. The COP leads quarterly and annual reports and annual work plan preparation and oversees technical implementation. S/he ensures that project initiatives align with USAID’s Water Office and Bureau for Food Security (FS) Strategy and needs, ensures the program’s timely success and compliance with USAID and ME&A regulations. The position also requires a significant background in communications and knowledge management, preferably in the international development sector with emphasis on electronic media and Internet based activities and outreach.
- Serve as primary activity liaision with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) and other members of USAID’s Water Office and Bureau for Food Security (FS) to ensure the timely production of high-quality deliverables that respond to the Agency’s priorities and needs;
- Oversee program administration, operations, and budget management, aligned with ME&A and donor policies and regulations;
- Responsible for overall implementation, and coordination with wide range of stakeholders, including government agencies, donor community, local and international NGOs and CSOs, and all other project stakeholders;
- Coordinate and communicate with USAID for timely submission of all written reports and other deliverables, and to ensure quality control and overall responsiveness to meet the program objectives;
- Serve as critical team member or leader in project unit, monitoring individual’s performance, assure quality and timeliness, and manage project resources;
- Supervise a team of long-term personnel and short-term consultants and provide leadership in staff mentorship and professional development;
- Leverage linkages across project components for the purpose of improving the relevance and quality of communications and knowledge management products;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of communications, knowledge management and learning activities;
- Apply adaptive management and learning evaluating program results and impact, instituting adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course-correct ineffective activities;
- Coordinate Water CKM II Project activities with other USAID water sector support mechanisms/contracts and implementing partners; and
- Perform other tasks and duties as necessary for the success of the project and as requested by USAID.
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS, MBA, MA, JD, etc.) in Public Health, Water and Sanitation, Environmental Engineering, Organizational learning, Knowledge Management, Communications, or other field appropriate to the project’s Statement of Work (SOW);
- A minimum of ten (10) years of project management and supervisory experience, with significant experience working in natural resources management projects, with substantial knowledge and experience related to at least one or more of the above-mentioned technical areas;
- Ability to manage all aspects of the project, including technical implementation, administration, finance, operations, and logistics;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the U.S. Government Global Water Strategy, USAID’s Water and Development Plan, and water-related policies and tools;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with an ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels, from Mission Directors and Officers to project implementers, partners, and stakeholders;
- Exceptional cross-cultural communication and management skills;
- Prior experience with USAID Water or CKM projects, USAID procedures, regulations and reporting requirements. Previous COP experience highly desirable.
- Fluency in English required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.