Sector: Industrial/Commercial Building Water Quality Management
ISHEM (Integrated Safety Health & Environmental Management) Consulting provides a comprehensive range of monitoring, management, consultancy and training services to a wide range of blue chip clients in the UK and overseas. We deliver a range of bespoke HSE solutions to building owners and operators to assist them in achieving legislative compliance whilst optimising business performance.
Opportunities now exist for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals to join our Legionella Control Group as a Technician supporting our water consultancy services for client sites across the UK. This role involves an exciting opportunity for travel around the UK and the need for regular overnight stays (expenses paid).
Initially based in our Coleshill office, the successful candidates will receive full training and will be involved in a range of desk and UK wide field based work. This will include HAZOP/risk analysis of industrial and commercial building water systems, developing risk control programmes, water quality monitoring, result interpretation and technical report writing. The post will provide opportunities to become involved with client training and business development, as well as broadening your skills and experience in delivering integrated and sustainable solutions for our clients.
Qualifications / Experience:
Successful candidates will have;
- At least a 2.2 degree (or on track for at least a 2.2 degree) in environmental science, biological sciences or similar;
- Ideally some knowledge/experience in water quality evaluations and risk assessment but not essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Computer literacy including at least a good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Willingness to travel around the UK and stay away overnight (expenses paid);
- Be self-motivated and willing to work independently initially based from home;
- A full UK driving license and own transport
The role of the Water Management Technician includes visiting clients sites and;
- Carrying out visual inspections of domestic water systems
- Carrying out temperature monitoring of domestic water systems
- Taking water samples for laboratory analysis
- Analysis and interpretation of microbiological tests
- Identifying and recording non-compliant results
- Data collection and reporting results
The successful candidate will receive full training and there will be potential for progression within the organisation based on performance.
Please send your full CV and a covering letter, stating why you are interested and how you meet the selection criteria stated, by email to [email protected] Please quote reference number: WMLT20.05.12
Please mention environmentjob.co.uk when responding to this ad.