SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
This anticipated EKN-funded programme seeks to address Integrated Water Resources and Natural Resources Management, Food Security, and Adaptation to Climate Change in the Mali province of Sourou river-basin through a two-pronged approach:
1. Strengthening the governance capacity of the Inter-Collectivity of Sourou (ICS) and its Technical Directorate. This will involve:
a. political support – project management, institutional support (operations, secretariat, logistics) and management of governance funds;
b. the recruitment and training of experts for technical management.
2. Managing a €21 million investment fund dedicated to the implementation of projects from the Sourou Integrated and Sustainable Development Programme (PDIDS) in the areas raised in connection with the Multi-Year Strategic Plan for the Sahel (including Mali) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands 2019 – 2022.
Overview of the Position
The Fund Management Lead will oversee and support financing mechanisms, including procurement, grant systems, due diligence and auditing. The fund management lead is part of the Project Management Team and heads a team of procurement and logistics expert, legal advisor, grant officer, internal auditor and financial administrator. The fund is approximately 21m Euros over 3 years and entails many disbursements to various levels of government, NGO’s and other agencies.
- Leads the design and implementation of the Fund, manages and oversees all technical and managerial aspects related to Finance, Grants Management, Results Based Finance and other financing instruments;
- Facilitates bank guarantee procedures with local banks;
- Ensures setting-up of financial system and procedures (to be agreed with Steering Committee and as articulated in the Operations Manual);
- Develops and implements effective internal control measures;
- Facilitates the setting-up of relevant bank accounts
- Develops payment procedures;
- Set-up of audit trail and documentation system, efficient payment procedures, maintenance of financial records and documentation.
- Ensures timely financial reporting and provides supervisory oversight of the budget to ensure timely spending;
- Conducts annual performance appraisals and ongoing supervision of the grants and financing mechanisms.
- University degree (minimum 4 years of study) in one of the following fields: geography, agro-economists, rural development engineering, governance, environmentalist, sociology, management or any other field related to the market (to be justified);
- Excellent command of French and English (both required);
- Mastery of computer tools;
- Financial and administrative management of comparable funds (volume and type);
- Monitoring of programmes and grants for a comparable programme;
- Technical support to beneficiaries;
- Transfer of skills through training/capacity building of beneficiaries.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the management of rural development projects in the South;
- Experience in Mali of at least 2 years is considered an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in grant management for state and non-state actors in socio-economic and environmental sectors in the South;
- At least one concrete example of experience in the design of a call for proposals in socio-economic and environmental sectors in southern countries.
Contract Duration: 1 year International Employment Contract, with strong possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: July 2020
Duty Station: Bamako, Mali
Working at SNV
SNV offers a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal and global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the above profile, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV that in English with a cover letter before May 22, 2020.
Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted