Water Stewardship Manager
WWF Sweden is recruiting a Corporate Water Stewardship Manager, building upon the successes of ongoing partnerships focusing on supply chain impact reduction, sustainability standards development, scaling sectoral initiatives, pushing for transparency and water disclosure and improving collaboration.
The Water Stewardship Manager (WS Manager) is responsible for developing the WWF Sweden Water Stewardship Program in alignment with WWF global Freshwater Practice strategy and approaches.
The WS manager is also responsible for managing freshwater workstreams within existing and new corporate partnerships and will be responsible for monitoring both corporate performance as well as WWF local basin projects in collective action. The role includes giving strategic advice to partners as well as advocating on target setting. Internally, the role will involve liaising with other WWF offices, global WWF Freshwater Practice as well actively engaging within the global Water Stewardship community. In this role, the WS Manager reports to the Corporate Partnership Manager for the partnership/s in question.
· Develop/advise on strategic plans for water stewardship corporate partners.
· Conduct reviews/assessments of current (and previous) water related work of partner companies.
· Raise awareness of water stewardship within partner companies.
· Coordinate WWF Sweden’s efforts to engage prospective Swedish corporate partners.
· Monitor and evaluate partnership progress, report and disclose partnership results and achievements.
· Represent WWF-Sweden in relevant working groups in the WWF Water Stewardship community of practice and contribute with expertise and collaborative skill to move WWFs scaling and multiplication of water stewardship forward.
· Contribute support to WWF Freshwater Practice initiatives and basin team projects including developing/managing basin projects within Swedish corporate partnerships.
· Ensure awareness, outreach, and communication activities with the WWF network for WWF-Sweden on water stewardship.
· Contribute and support WWF R&D initiatives and recruit supporting funds to bring the work forward.
· Written and oral proficiency in English and good knowledge of Swedish is required for this role.
· A degree/or equal education in water resource management/catchment management/environmental science/agriculture/environmental learning and social change.
· 8-10 years of relevant experience of working in relevant sectors on water stewardship issues and water resource management related policies and legislation.
· Experience in strategy development as well as knowledge of key issues in water stewardship, water resource management, and sustainability crucial for productive engagements in the business sectors. Experience working with food & beverage, apparel & textiles and retail sectors considered an asset.
· Ability to bridge the gap between WWF as a conservation organization and the corporate world.
· Ability to build relationships and trust with key stakeholders, including convening role-players across sectors, organisations, and locations including the ability to work across cultures.
· Ability to effectively convey vision, ideas, goals and issues as well as produce concise and effective reports and presentations.
· Ability to understand and articulate the business case of projects.
· Ability to work collaboratively and facilitate solutions focused engagements in multidisciplinary and diverse working environments. Demonstrated ability to successfully engage in remote teamwork is considered an asset.
WWF Sweden office is located in the beautiful Castle of Ulriksdal beside the Edsviken waterway, an inlet of the Baltic Sea. You will work with competent employees in a stimulating environment where we care for our employees’ well-being and personal development. WWF is affiliated with collective agreements and adheres to the ITP plan.