Water Compass is a US based non-profit organization with a sole focus on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in Uganda.
Water Compass is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of a USAID funded project to increase household access to sanitation services, and improve health through hygiene behavior change campaigns in homes and schools. Project activities are focused in Sembabule and Bukomansimbi Districts in central Uganda. The position is based in Sembabule town with regular travel to the field.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project coordination and day-to-day supervision of programmatic activities
- External representation at sub-county, district and regional level
- Project planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Budget management and financial oversight
- Report writing
- Human resource management
- 2+ years managing WASH projects
- Degree in related field (public/environmental health/engineering)
- Experience managing a diverse team
- Sense of humor
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent English – written and spoken
- Previous experience working with large donors (eg. USAID, UNICEF)
- Ability to drive manual vehicle/motorcycle
- Knowledge of Luganda
How to apply
*Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, this position is only open to individuals currently in Uganda.
Please send the following documents to [email protected] with the subject line Project Manager.
- Cover letter (no longer than one page)
- CV (no longer than three pages)