WASH Project Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Mid-Level (5-7 Years)
Bachelor's (Or Equivalent)
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
The WASH Project Manager primary task is to ensure the successful implementation of the delegated WASH portfolio. This encompasses the direct line management of staff, budget management, procurement and donor reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement the WASH Programme according to WASH guidelines and SOPs:
- Respond to WASH emergencies in a timely manner according to WASH Emergency Response procedures
- Ensure most vulnerable refugees are targeted by the Programme, with a focus of people with specific needs (PSN) as well as gender and protection issues
- Provide innovative WASH solutions to programmatic challenges
- Outcome and output monitoring as indicated in the Monitoring and Evaluation matrix
- Ensure consistent data management across the program.
- Monitor and address referrals of refugee complaints to provide timely feedback in accordance with the NRC complaints feedback response mechanisms and procedures
- Provide feedback and updates on WASH procedures and guidelines to concerned management as requested.
- Offer technical advice to WASH programming within and outside of assigned field area
- Ensure efficient contract management of consultants and contractors retained by the WASH program.
- Monitor new refugee settlements on a regular basis and coordinate with other NGOs and UN agencies as well as local and national authorities to ensure needs are addressed.
- Bachelor degree in Civil, Hydraulic, Environmental Engineering or Public Health
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Project Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience with the contract management of engineering consultants and implementing contractors related to infrastructure projectsExperience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of urban context
- WASH in schools experience
- Strong background in Hygiene Promotion and Community Mobilization
- Experience in managing multiple grants and project simultaneously
- Strong data management and Monitoring and Evaluation skillset
- Strong track record of capacity building staff
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Access appreciated
- Knowledge of Arabic, written and verbal, is an asset
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments