Job position – Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Work location – Bama
Reporting to – OHP Officer
Supervision of – N/A
General purpose of the position
The role supports INTERSOS’ interactions with IDPs and the local communities, ensuring strong relationships and promoting community ownership of all INTERSOS activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene within Bama. The role supports the implementation of activities. These include the planning of WASH activities, community mobilization, supporting community training on hygiene promotion, water management, awareness campaign and data collection that supports INTERSOS in developing the new concept ideas and mobilizing the communities for WASH activities.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Disseminates key messages on hygiene and carry out a massive hygiene promotion campaign
· Ensures community participation in all WASH activities; Mobilize, train and follow-up on communities/WASH committees formed and/or trained by INTERSOS in all activities concerning WASH, ensuring good community participation, gender balance and ownership by the community.
· Plans for, organizes and conducts training for communities and committees through the development of Water Management Committees, School hygiene clubs and implementation of Community based hygiene awareness activities.
· Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions.
· Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensures community participation in the activities.
· Ensures that consideration is given with a focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
· Gathers health and hygiene-related information and report to Hygiene Promotion Officer.
· Liaises with community leaders and other groups within their communities.
· Conducts relevant needs assessment whenever requested
· Provides detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement.
· Must have a minimum of Diploma Environmental Health Studies or Social Sciences or other relevant fields with relevant experience and training in Hygiene Promotion
· A minimum of three years’ experience in WASH, preferably within the humanitarian sector.
· Strong humanitarian commitment.
· Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
· Availability to work in Bama LGAs, Borno State.
· Fluency in English
· Fluency in Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to apply
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding. Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.