Job position- WASH Officer
Work location- Bama
Reporting to- WASH Supervisor
Supervision of- OHP Officer
General purpose of the position
Under the WASH Supervisor, the role-holder supports the assessment and analysis of WASH situations of households and communities, drafts technical designs and response mechanisms and ensures the high-quality implementation of emergency WASH activities. He/she is responsible for compiling regular action plans and quality programme reports and capacity building of communities on community WASH activities in line with the project plans.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Assists in the development of Bill of Quantities (BoQs) and detailed technical drawings for all the WASH interventions in liaison with relevant technical staff from the government authorities and implementing partners.
· Assists in monitoring the construction of water supply systems and distributions, network, gravity flow, drinking water quality and treatment (Chlorination).
· Supervises the assessment and analysis of WASH situations of households and communities.
· Supervises and assumes responsibility for all the technical aspect for project implementation, make sure that contractors complete project work in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with respect to standard engineering.
· Ensures community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
· Guarantees the respect of construction standards as well as the security practices at the project site.
· Provides feedback to the monitoring and evaluation system in order to assess the effectiveness and the impact of the projects and propose recommendations for improvement
· Contributes to the development of constructive solutions to challenges identified by the community and contractors
· Facilitates and maintain a good professional relationship between INTERSOS, communities and contractors
· Provides regular written and verbal reports to the WASH supervisor on the infrastructure’s development activities.
· With the help of the WASH supervisor and the contractor, develops and maintains weekly, monthly plans and written comprehensive records of engineering/WASH work undertaken in the project including site visits and reporting of work progress.
· Minimum of BSc/MSc in Water/Environmental Engineering or Management or Civil Engineering or Hydrology/ Geology or any desirable discipline.
· At least 3 years of post-qualification professional experience in a relevant field.
· Excellent program implementation skills
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to use and analysis civil and water resources applications (EPANET, AutoCAD etc)
· Knowledge of Computer-aided design and Microsoft Office – AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
· Quality: dynamic, autonomous, Proactive, flexible, take initiative.
· Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State
· Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
· Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on donor funding Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.