Job position- WASH Supervisor
Reporting to- WASH Manager
Supervision of- WASH Officer
General purpose of the position
Under the guidance of the WASH Manager, the role-holder supports in planning the implementation of the Emergency WASH activities at field level as per project plans. S/he supports in the coordination of INTERSOS WASH activities, including establishing clear liaison with other partners and stakeholders thus ensuring strong stakeholder relationship building that fosters community engagement, awareness and ownership of all INTERSOS activities related to water, sanitation and hygiene within the defined LGA of the Borno State.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Preparation and production of BoQs, of WASH infrastructures Designs.
· Monitors the construction of water supply systems and distributions, network, gravity flow, drinking water quality and treatment (Chlorination).
· Works along with the hygiene promotion team in all the processes of selecting, designing, implementing and monitoring the WASH systems and activities by meetings and good communication.
· Provides technical input and advice in emergency response water and sanitation activities, as well as waste management and hygiene promotion.
· Follows up on the implementation of requested integrated activities (awareness sessions, assessments)
· Monitors the drilling of boreholes, that is water source development, well and borehole installation.
· Participates in drafting new proposals of activities, including the technical descriptions and the budget associated with them
· Ensure community involvement at all phases of the project and the development of community ownership of the project.
· Provides detailed, accurate and timely weekly reports to supervisor on activities, challenges and areas in need of improvement
· Supervises field staff, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in their duties, and foster growth and development.
· Ensures constant communication with INTERSOS WASH staff to identify potential problems, formulate recommendations and solutions and report
· Conducts regular monitoring visits to the field, to follow-up on INTERSOS activities and ensure community participation in the activities
· Ensures that consideration is given with a focus on gender, protection and HIV/AIDS in water and sanitation activities.
· Participates in organizing all logistical support for meetings, seminars, workshops and missions
· Attends the Co-ordination meetings conduct needs assessments of the area whenever requested, inform and co-ordinate the WASH activities with the other agencies and actors carrying out similar activities.
· Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Water Engineering, civil engineering or other related disciplines
· At least 5 years of experience in a similar position/related
· Professional experience in community WASH programs in displaced populations
· Excellent program implementation skills
· Ability to use and analysis civil and water resources applications (EPANET, AutoCAD etc)
· Knowledge of Computer-aided design and Microsoft Office – AUTOCAD, ARCHICAD, MS Excel, MS Word and MS Powerpoint
· Availability to work in targeted LGAs, Borno State
· Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
· Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
How to apply
This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on donor funding. Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 21st May 2020 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.