WWF-Myanmar is now inviting the applications for Consultant for ARL Stakeholders & Governance Analysis to be based in Yangon or at flexibility.
Objective of the consultancy
To produce an in-depth analysis of key stakeholders and of river basin governance in the Ayeyarwady River Basin Landscape (ARL) in relation to WWF goals.
Scope of work/ major responsibilities
Major responsibilities are identified by the points below:
- Identify key stakeholders (including government at various levels, CSO, communities, and private background, major plans and interactions.
- Produce an analysis of main governance mechanisms in the ARL, including a description of the main regulations (law etc.) and institutions (incl. committees etc.), highlighting current challenges.
- Produce an in-depth, gender sensitive, analysis of the stakeholders, describing their interests, background, major plans and interactions.
Outputs/ deliverable of performance and time schedule
- A document presenting the analyses in a visually effective manner, with sources well documented
- A summary brief with the key findings of the analysis
The detailed responsibilities and time schedule is at http://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
- In-depth knowledge of Myanmar, in particular in relation to nature and environmental conservation and
- related stakeholders.
- Knowledge of governance mechanisms in relation to river basin management and nature and environmental conservation.
- Preferably knowledge of environmental and social safeguards.
- Preferably knowledge of the cultural and natural values of the Ayeyarwady River and its basin.
- Demonstrated ability to perform interviews with key informants and stakeholders.
- Previous experience in stakeholder analysis at national and subnational level in conservation or sustainable development.
- Previous working experience with strategic level analysis.
- Fluent English writing skills.
- Report writing and visualization.
How to apply
Closing Date: 19 May 2020 (Tuesday)
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and curriculum vitae stating the position title and reference
number in English by email to (application documents should be addressed as
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.