Technical Advisor (Sea and Brackish Water Desalination)
The project “Sea and Brackish Water Desalination” supports the Jordanian Ministry of Water and Irrigation in determining the exploitation potential and in developing desalination projects. In the near future Jordan will need to significantly increase desalination capacities, due to the extreme water scarcity, climate change impacts and the depletion of the overexploited groundwater resources. The project advises the Ministry of Water and Irrigation, the Water Authority of Jordan, and the water utilities in the development of a plan to increase desalination capacities using modern and appropriate technologies, in developing the regulatory framework and in building human capacities to plan, implement, manage and maintain related projects.
- Providing advice to the project partners in the fields of determination of exploitation potential, planning, operation and management, regulation, environmental impact and optimization of desalination facilities
- Providing technical support in the compilation, analysis and graphic presentation of related data
- Preparation of maps based on geographic information systems (GIS)
- Qualification and training of counterpart staff in the fields of planning, implementation and operation and maintenance of desalination facilities
- Preparation of communication materials
- Preparation of tenders and supervision of consultants
- Support of the project team leader in costs and impact monitoring, as well as reporting to the Representation of the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- University degree (Master) in process engineering or comparable scientific studies
- Well-founded expertise in the field of desalination of sea and brackish water
- Multiple years of experience in providing advice and training
- Experience in the preparation of complex thematic maps using ArcGIS
- Work experience in operation and maintenance of desalination facilities
- Work experience in international development aid
- Experience with GIZ rules and regulations is an asset
- Fluency in English; German and Arabic language skills are an asset
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Jordan.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.