The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) is one of the largest multidisciplinary universities in Finland. We are a home to approximately 15,500 students and 2,500 staff members. We operate in the heart of scenic Finnish Lakeland at two campuses in Kuopio and Joensuu. UEF offers competitive staff benefits with occupational health care and paid sick leaves and family leaves. Read more about working at the University of Eastern Finland and living in Finland.
UEF water research promotes sustainable use of water resources by bringing together researchers and research groups from various fields of science. We are conducting research at a high international level and aim to be the most internationally recognized Finnish water research community within ten years.
We have an open call for following postdoctoral positions:
- Four postdoctoral positions to investigate the effects of heavy metals and emerging contaminants on aquatic ecosystems
- Three postdoctoral positions to investigate the effects of changing winters on aquatic systems
- Three postdoctoral positions to investigate the effects of microplastics on aquatic ecosystems
- Two postdoctoral positions to investigate the recreational use/tourism relating to aquatic environments
- A postdoctoral position to investigate photocatalytically active 3D structures for the industrial wastewater treatment
Click a link for more detailed descriptions of the positions and instructions for applying.
At the bottom of the description page, you will find the ‘apply for the job’ button.
Deadline for applications is June 5th 2020 at 24.00 (UTC +3).
If you have any questions, please contact:
Water research programme coordinator, Helena Jäntti: helena.jantti[a]uef.fi, +358 29 445 3850
Water research programme coordinator, Jarno Suni: jarno.suni[a]uef.fi, +358 29 445 5291