Junior Advisor (m/f/d) for Adaptation to Climate Change
On behalf of BMZ, GIZ is working in Bangladesh, among other areas, in the priority area of adaptation to climate change in urban areas. With the advertised position, we are looking for someone to one the one hand, support the project manager of the ‘Adaptation to Climate Change into the National and Local Development Planning II’ project in implementing and on the other hand, assist the cluster coordinator in coordinating and managing the six projects currently running in the cluster. Other projects under the cluster are Sundarbans Management Project II, Climate Resilient and Inclusive Smart Cities Project, Urban Management for Internal Migration due to Climate Change II Project, Improved Capacity for International Climate Finance Project and National Adaptation Plan (NAP) / Nationally Determined Contributions’ (NDC) Support Project.
- Supporting the project manager in implementing and assisting the cluster coordinator in coordinating and managing the six projects currently running in the cluster
- Developing and maintaining the result-based monitoring and evaluation framework for the project
- Reporting and communicating in German and English (internally and externally)
- Assisting in implementing digital tools for the project and knowledge-management for the project and the cluster
- Supporting cluster-wide processes and internal coordination and organisation
- Preparing position papers and status reports for the cluster
- Exploring the synergies between the projects of the cluster and advising on how to utilize those
- Supporting cluster projects in the cluster- or project-internal processes (backstopping)
- Successfully completed university studies with a focus on environmental and engineering sciences, political science or other relevant subjects
- First working experience in the field of international or development cooperation
- Very good social skills in an intercultural environment
- High level of teamwork and constructive handling of work pressure
- Organizational skills and will to take responsibility
- Fluent knowledge in German and English
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations. You can find further information in the Guide to the Collective Agreement on Assignment Conditions in Fragile Contexts.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Bangladesh.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
In addition, incoming applications will be considered after their date of submission.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.