WASH Programme Development Manager
Do you want to join our team in Ukraine?
In 2020, as a response to Covid-19 pandemic, NRC Ukraine has adapted core essential programming to continue supporting vulnerable population while also mitigating the infection risk to the communities we serve. NRC is collaborating with Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) agencies and leveraging our extensive communication channels so vulnerable populations have access to vital information regarding the situation. NRC has concentrated efforts on interrupting the transmission and mitigating the spread and impact of the virus. The present activities centre on a strong communications campaign with a focus on key messaging for high-risk groups, supported by the installation of sanitisation stations around essential services and infrastructure in-line with WHO recommendations.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager (PDM) is to be responsible design, develop and implement WASH programme in Ukraine.
The WASH PDM reports to the Area Manager.
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak, the recruitment process and start date may be delayed. Nevertheless, we encourage qualified candidates to apply and we will inform shortlisted applicants of any changes as the process evolves. Thank you for your understanding.
Duties and responsibilities
You can find the complete job description in this link: WASH PDM JD
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Collaborate and coordinate with WASH Cluster and other organizations with WASH programmes.
- Provide evidence from WASH programme to CO’s advocacy efforts.
- Work closely with other Core competencies in order to ensure integrated programming
- Ensure protection mainstreaming within WASH programme
- Ensure effective use of data and an evidence based approach in programme design/response.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical WASH expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in Ukraine will be an asset
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language will be an advantage
- Solid understanding and experience of crisis contexts and working in complex emergencies.
- Experience with WASH programme start-up (desirable)
- Experience in community mobilization and knowledge of participatory approaches. Proven success in implementing community based and led hygiene and sanitation behaviour change
We are looking for a person with the following qualities:
- Ability to work with diplomacy, tact and sensitivity and experience in working within different cultural contexts requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Transparent and accountable
A good sense of humour is an asset.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships
We can offer
Duration: 6 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
Grade 9 in the NRC grade structure Click here to view the grade structure
Duty station: Severodonetsk, with up to 30% travels.
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location