Job purpose and background
Do you care about environmental issues? Would you like to be at the heart of driving changes through environmental disclosure? Are you looking for a career start?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP’s Cities, States and Regions team as Data Officer to support the dissemination and use of CDP’s leading dataset of city and subnational climate action. You will also be responsible for supporting CDP to understand its impact by updating and maintaining its monitoring and evaluation (M&E) programme for its work with cities, states and regions. The key areas of responsibility are carrying out data analysis to unearth insights, choosing and preparing data sets for wide publication as well as updating the programme’s M&E framework that helps to demonstrate and showcase the team’s impact and progress against key metrics.
- Ensure the annual update of CDP’s Open Data Portal in collaboration with the data and technology teams
- Identify new data sets for publication on the Open Data Portal and ensure their publication
- Update and maintain CStaR’s monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, aligned with CDP’s results framework and train the team to use data collection tools in an appropriate way
- Coordinate the management of CStaR’s M&E and knowledge management system across regional offices
- Conduct data analysis to uncover insights and visualise data in an appealing way
- Support the work of the Senior Manager, Partnerships and Fundraising
- Closely collaborate with CDP’s Data and Technology teams
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- Good data analysis skills in Excel
- Ability to quickly grasp IT and data requirements
- Understanding of climate change topics with knowledge of one or more of the following: drivers of deforestation, water security, resilience, adaptation, mitigation
- Experience with M&E frameworks
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A high level of self-motivation and drive
- A team player with the ability to work under pressure
- Great attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards
- High proficiency in English language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Some working experience, ideally in a similar area
- Data analysis skills in “R” or similar data analysis tools
- Experience with CRM and data base systems
- Knowledge of climate change issues with regards to sub-national governments is an advantage
- An interest in working for a global environmental NGO
The role is a full-time role based in CDP’s Central London Office and sits within the Cities, States and Regions team. The successful candidate will be expected to work 5 days per week. This is a fixed term contract until 31 Dec 2022, starting asap.
Salary and benefits: £23-27k salary, flexible working, annual discretionary bonus, 30 days’ holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than one page, to [email protected] with ‘Data Officer CSTAR, First name, Last name’ in the subject line.
The deadline is Monday 25 May 09:00 GMT.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK for the term of the contract. We are not able to sponsor this position.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.