Intern (m/f/d) to support the Midterm Evaluation of the Projet d’Aquaculture Durable à Madagascar
The Global Project „Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture” is part of the BMZ special initiative SEWOH – ONE world without hunger. As such, it contributes to reducing food insecurity and malnutrition in 6 countries through supporting the supply with fish products, increasing employment and income from sustainable fisheries and aquaculture and contributing to the protection of natural resources.
The country component Madagascar „Projet d’Aquaculture durable à Madagascar (PADM)” promotes the dissemination and professionalization of rice-fish-farming in the Highlands and the intensification of pond aquaculture in the Highlands as well as at the East Coast. The project further supports the political partner in improving the strategic and legislative framework for the sustainable development of the sector.
The country component Madagascar is currently planning a Midterm Evaluation starting in August 2020 to depict the status of project implementation. This evaulation identifies key factors that influence the success of the implementation and derives recommendations for the future strategic planning and is therefore a key instrument for the monitoring and steering of the project. The country component is furthermore planning the filming of a short movie to illustrate the activities and achievements of the project.
Your tasksYou will support the preparation and implementation of the project’s Midline-Evaluation in cooperation with the project team in Madagascar, the projects’ steering unit in Germany and international and local service providers. This includes:
•Preparation of necessary steps and coordination of the schedule for the study
•Revision of questionnaires in cooperation with an international consulting firm
•Support the local service provider with the tablet-based data collection in the field
•Support with the analysis and interpretationIf required, you will furthermore support the coordination and/or implementation of communication activities. This includes but is not limited to the successful realization of a project film.
- Currently obtaining a master-level degree or just having obtained a master level degree in agriculture, aquaculture and fisheries, national resource management, development studies, economics, social sciences or related disciplines with a strong quantitative background, if possible related to monitoring and evaluation
- First experiences from work or studies with data collection and analysis, ideally in a developing country
- Strong IT skills in MS Office (in particular Excel) and ideally Open Source Statistic-Tools/SPSS as well as experience with Open Data Kit (ODK)
- Curiosity, reliability and readiness to travel within the country (also in remote areas)
- Strong intercultural communication skills and experience with different stakeholders (NGOs, consulting firms, local communities, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and well-structured
- Strong organizational and team-working skills
- Very good spoken and written English and French, German language skills are considered a competitive advantage
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.608,- (gross). Depending on the country of assignment a monthly expatriation allowance (gross), predetermined by GIZ will be paid on top.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Peter Borchert ( ).