Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs has recently been awarded the Suedlink contract which is a new and exciting project in Germany. SuedLink is to manage the planning, design and construction of the largest underground power cable in the world. This high-capacity transmission link will provide a 700km link between off-shore wind turbines in the north, and solar farms in the south. This transformational project presents fantastic career opportunities.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
For the SuedLink project, Jacobs is seeking senior Water Framework Directive (WFD)/Water Resources specialists to provide technical advice and direction in the assessment and mitigation of impacts arising from the project.
Our Technical Specialists are mainly responsible for:
• Minimizing the environmental impact of construction projects and support of project management in the control of approval processes
• Planning, control and the technical coordination of specialist studies and reporting permit application preparation through approval to implementation.
• Evaluation of assessment reports, implementation plans and mitigation proposals and other relevant technical studies within the framework of strategic and environmental impact assessment processes
• Evaluation and processing of relevant technical input to the environmental permit documents
• Coordination of environmental construction monitoring and the implementation of monitoring plans
• Overseeing the documentation of results in reports and tables and through the use of ArcGis plans and other representations.
• Coordination and consultation with clients, experts and authorities.
• Coordination of subcontractors
• Supervision of complex sub-projects with high complexity.
• Preparation for overall project management.
• Active participation in project meetings.
• Implementation of established procedures and quality instructions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
• A Bachelor or Masters degree as a minimum academic qualification with preferably published papers to demonstrate expertise in the designated field
• At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
• A clear and demonstrable technical understanding of the relevant legislation and case law in Germany applicable to the area of specialism.
• In-depth knowledge of the Water Framework Directive and the relevant requirements associated with the conservation, protection and management of water resources, as well as planning law
• An appreciation of current planning law is an advantage
• Experience of defining assessment techniques, determining significance of impacts and the identification and implementation of appropriate mitigation measures.
• Experience of specialist assessment of large-scale infrastructure projects.
• Outstanding team player qualities with a high degree of commitment and resilience even in conflict situations
• Experience of operating within collaborative network organizations with an open and positive approach to building relationships within the project team and with external stakeholders
• Strong ability to prepare clear, concise and technically correct reports and to present technical findings to the client and other project stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of MS Office and ArcGis
Although the central project office is based in Würzburg, consideration will be given to candidates that can be based in one of the Project offices in northern or central Germany.