Job purpose and background
Do you care about environmental issues? Would you like to be at the heart of driving changes through environmental disclosure? Are you looking for a short-term assignment?
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP’s Cities, States and Regions team as Project Officer to support the Senior Engagement Officer work with the planning, coordination and delivery of global engagement tasks as well as coordinating the operational aspects of CDPs partnership with the Global Covenant of Mayors.
- Assisting with core engagement activities such as webinars in coordination with partner organisations and regional offices.
- Work closely with the Senior Engagement Officer, Cities to deliver high quality engagement materials, support and coordination to colleagues engaging with cities around the world in a timely manner.
- Work closely with regional teams and the Senior Engagement Officer to continually improve our resources and processes for coordinating and supporting city engagement.
- Coordinate the day-to-day relationship with the Global Covenant of Mayors (GCoM) and other partners involved and be their focal point for operational queries
- Provide ad-hoc administrative support to the Cities State and Regions team to keep things running smoothly.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- High Attention to detail and commitment to achieving high standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and an ability to take initiative
- Structured and well organised ways of working
- A positive and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Strong English language skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good data analysis skills in Excel
- An interest in working for a global environmental NGO
The role is a full-time role based in CDP’s Central London Office, with the ability to work remotely, and sits within the Cities, States and Regions team, with a reporting line to the Senior Engagement Officer. The successful candidate will be expected to work 5 days per week. This is a 2-month fixed term contract, starting asap.
Salary and benefits: £24k annual salary (pro rata payment), flexible working, 30 days’ holiday (pro rata leave applicable)
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than one page, to [email protected] with ‘Project Officer CSTAR, First name, Last name’ in the subject line.
The deadline is Monday 18 May 09:00 GMT.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally either in the UK for the term of the contract. We are not able to sponsor this position.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.