The IRC is currently scaling up essential program in response to needs identified in relation with the COVID19 pandemic. With a focus on ensuring access to WASH services as a component of prevention, the IRC will scale up interventions in the WASH sector, particularly where these activities can be integrated into ongoing activities in the health, nutrition, livelihoods, and protection sectors. An upcoming opportunity is also to scale up WASH programming in hard to reach areas with a partner in Kayah state.
Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Environmental Health initiatives for COVID19 response will include integration of Hygiene and Behaviour Change Communication in Risk Communication and Community Engagement interventions, support for water supply and handwashing facilities across IRC program locations, and support for improved WASH infrastructure where existing programming can leverage this infrastructure. In Kayah, the focus for WASH interventions will be to link WASH activities with nutrition interventions and to build community ownership of WASH infrastructure.
The WASH Coordinator is responsible for:
Technical Program Management
- Providing technical support and quality management of all WASH activities across IRC’s programme areas.
- Develop programmatic SOPs and/or guidance documents for WASH interventions including hygiene and behaviour change communication (HPCC), WASH infrastructure development, community management of WASH infrastructure, etc
- Oversee technical review and oversight to all BOQs for WASH infrastructure initiatives.
- Develop remote management tools to ensure strong monitoring approaches for WASH interventions where field visits are not possible.
- Manage contracting and monitoring for all WASH infrastructure initiatives.
- Ensure strong approaches to all (HBCC) activities, ensuring best practices are applied across all HBCC initiatives. Provide guidance for HBCC integration across programmatic sectors.
- Manage WASH related budget lines and programmatic inputs, including procurement planning and HR planning.
- Provide proposal and reporting inputs on all WASH activities, including success stories and lessons learned.
- Provide technical support to partner-led WASH interventions, ensuring strong technical approaches in line with sector standards.Represent IRC in WASH cluster meetings, as relevant
Staff Management and Support
- Lead recruitment of WASH staff at field level.
- Provide direct technical management and oversight of field based WASH staff
- Provide technical management and oversight to health, protection, and livelihoods staff engaging in WASH activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, public health degree is a plus.
- At least five years of professional experience managing water and sanitation programs, experience with NGOs a plus.
- Strong background in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene interventions in Myanmar.
- Experience in program management and technical support. Ability to work and travel in remote areas.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication skills, in particular listening skills.
- Proven staff management and team building skills.
- Capable of leadership, training staff, and mobilizing community support.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging, politically sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Basic GPS mapping. internet, and Auto-CAD.
- Professional English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles of humanity and neutrality.
- Demonstrating trustworthiness and upholding the highest ethical standards.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.