Mott MacDonald is actively growing its water practice in North America. We are currently seeking a practice leader for our Western USA operations. Location for this position will be flexible within our West Coast operations, though the preferred location would be in Northern California. You will be tasked with supporting opportunities and project execution of water related projects throughout the West Unit, in close coordination with our operations throughout North America and worldwide. The position offers great potential for professional growth and the opportunity to collaborate with not only with water resources personnel, but with our many practices including dams, geotechnical, energy and transportation. The qualified candidate must have strong leadership and project management experience and direct business development experience during their career, with the ability to generate project leads, build client relationships and win work and oversee project execution.
This position requires direct interaction with clients and the ability to manage and mentor Mott MacDonald professionals. The role will require management of design teams comprising Mott MacDonald’s supporting technical disciplines and specialty sub-consultants.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing, in coordination with the current water practice personnel, a growth plan for water in the Western US, and implementation of the growth plan.
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Client contact, business development, identifying and generating project opportunities.
- Executing project management duties including managing and tracking budgets, invoicing, assessing staffing requirements.
- Preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Providing leadership/mentoring to technical staff.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with team members, clients, and contractors.
- Preparation of written reports and permit applications,
- Preparation of construction documents, plans and technical specifications, and
- Preparation of project schedules, quantity estimates and opinions of cost
We invite applications from candidates with the following experience:
- BS in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s Degree is desired.
- Professional Engineer licensed in CA or CO is preferred with the ability to obtain professional engineering licenses in these and other states, as required.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 20 years of experience directly related to the performance/management of the tasks described above.
- Ability to assemble, evaluate, manage and guide project teams is required.
- Direct experience completing projects with clients in California or Colorado.
- Proven experience with the development of technical work products including but not limited to design and inspection reports, permit applications and construction documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to speak publicly.
- Experience in providing technical and project leadership to staff-level or junior engineers.
- Occasional out-of-town travel will be required.
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings, communications, defense, education, environment, health, international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power, transport, urban development, water and wastewater.