Objective of the Programme
DAI Europe is preparing for multiple DFID funded programmes focussing on climate change, environment, resilience and sustainability. The programmes are a mix of regional and country specific projects within Central, South and South East Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and South America.
Key thematic areas include, but are not exclusive of:
- Climate adaptation, Climate resilience
- Transboundary climate management, Transboundary environment management, Transboundary water management, Shared landscapes
- Natural resource management
- Climate change policy and agreements at international, national and subnational levels,
- Climate resilience investment, Green finance
- Advocacy / community capacity building in the climate space, Community resilience
- Weather and Climate information systems, and forecasting
- Low-carbon development, greenhouse gases reduction
- Energy – off grid and on grid
- Renewable energy
- Land use management, Food system management
Roles and Skill-Sets
- Team Leadership and management of large complex donor-funded programmes
- Research and Policy Advisors
- Experts / consultants in the areas and themes aforementioned
- Experience of implementing either country or regional donor-funded projects, with experience of working in Sub-Sahara Africa, Central, South and South East Asia or South America.
- Proficient in English language, spoken and written, dual language desirable
- Master’s degree in relevant areas including: Climate change, environment and sustainability.
Programme Start Date:
31st May 2020
*Please note that all profiles are indicative only and subject to change once the ToR is made available.*