Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Engineering Advisor position on an anticipated four-year USAID-funded task order in the West Bank.
The purpose of this project is to improve Palestinians’ access to safe, reliable, sustainable, and climate resilient water services through: 1) the development and strengthening of the institutional capacity of the Hebron, Halhul, and Dura water utilities for sustainable, reliable, and climate-resilient water delivery service; 2) the implementation of strategic infrastructure works to support the objective of the activity; 3) the design and implementation of innovative solutions to expand the use of smart water management technologies for efficient, timely, and transparent water management; and 4) the design and implementation of innovative measures and public awareness campaigns to promote effective water governance at the utility and foster social behavioral change toward more efficient and responsible water use practices and trends. The Engineering Advisor is expected to oversee engineering design work, construction management, and construction activities. S/he will work with other technical and administrative staff to ensure collaboration with donors and local counterparts and key stakeholders at the municipal level. This is expected to be a full-time position based in the West Bank.
* Supervises technical personnel
* Directs and supervises engineering design work, construction management services, and construction activities.
* During the design phase, reviews A&E subcontractor qualifications, approves conceptual design, supervises the design process, and ensures the design meets the required building codes, standard, regulations, and requirements.
* Certifies that s/he has reviewed and approved the engineering design package.
* Acts as the primary liaison between Tetra Tech, USAID, the water utilities, and Israeli officials for infrastructure related issues.
* Oversees the timely applications for required approvals and permits from the relevant authorities.
* Must be a U.S. licensed civil or mechanical engineer.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
* Must have at least ten (10) years of professional experience in the design and construction management of water infrastructure systems of similar size and scope of the Task Order.
* Be present at the Task Order site (West Bank) on a full-time basis throughout the entire infrastructure work.
To be considered, please submit the following:
* Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Proposal and Tender opportunity
Water Security and Sanitation (International Development)
U.S. Teams and Clients
- Organization: 188 ARD
- Requisition #18800000983