Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
The Arizona Municipal Water Users Association (AMWUA) is comprised of ten municipal members who provide water to 3.5 million people and to the businesses and industries that are key to the State’s economy. AMWUA facilitates discussion among our members and collaborates on water policy and solutions for water challenges including overseeing a regional conservation outreach effort.
Since 1969, AMWUA has helped shape solutions to Arizona’s water supply and management issues to support economic prosperity and safeguard our members’ water supplies for future generations. AMWUA routinely collaborates with ADWR, SRP, CAWCD, the Arizona Legislature, and others to advance sound water policy for Arizona and the Colorado River Basin.
AMWUA is seeking a qualified individual to serve as Program Assistant. This position will serve an integral part of the organization and will assist the Association’s Conservation & Efficiency Program Manager, Conservation & Efficiency Advisory Group (CEAG), and collaborate with other AMWUA staff and water professionals.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented, have excellent writing and communication skills, and work well both independently and in a team. They will be able to identify tasks that need to be undertaken, prioritize, and stay focused and ahead of things in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.Major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative and project management support to the Conservation & Efficiency Advisory Group (CEAG) and the Conservation & Efficiency Program Manager, including attending monthly CEAG meetings.
- Researching, compiling, organizing and maintaining information, data, and digital assets.
- Generating, updating, proofing, and finalizing a wide variety of documents.
- Responsible for attending at least two Board meetings a month and then drafting and finalizing those meeting minutes.
- Maintaining the conservation section of the AMWUA website and related conservation websites (i.e. Smartscape) by working with AMWUA members, partners, and the Conservation & Efficiency Program Manager to implement updates.
- Inventorying conservation publications/materials, including tracking in- and out-going materials and archiving CEAG program materials.
- Soliciting bids and coordinating the purchase, delivery, and invoicing of publications and other materials.
- Assisting in coordinating four to five trade show exhibits annually, including organizing and shipping materials.
- Preparing various meeting materials and providing support on other research, projects, and tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, sustainability, or other related field.
- Possess exceptional writing and verbal communication skills, as well as time management skills.
- Take personal initiative to be self-directed, to think ahead, to work both independently and as a team member, and to collaborate and coordinate with others.
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and a naturally curious problem solver.
- Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and define and set priorities.
- Have the ability to operate an Apple Mac computer.
- Possess strong skills in all of the following applications: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Professional and Photoshop.
- Exercise strong internet research skills and comfortability working with databases and website content management systems.
This list of essential responsibilities and requirements is not intended to be exhaustive. AMWUA reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
Annual Salary – $40,000 – $50,000
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume no later than May 22, 2020 to [email protected].
If you have any questions, please contact Diana Pina.