SEI HQ is looking for an intern with an interest in the societal dimension of climate change adaptation that can help us with various research tasks related to inter alia the initiation of a Swedish case study on adaptation to multiple water hazards.
Deadline: 15 May 2020 23:59 CET
Planning for climate change adaptation requires a shared scientific knowledge base that can be translated into local, practical and actionable knowledge. Through constructive dialogues between a broad array of stakeholders UNCHAIN aims to improve climate change risk assessment frameworks, thereby enhancing informed decision-making and climate change adaptation action. This internship provides an opportunity to contribute to UNCHAIN and similar research projects at SEI including HazardSupport and HydroHazards.The candidate must be fluent in English and Swedish.
Duties may include
- Stakeholder mapping
- Documentation of studies e.g. regional and local climate change risk and vulnerability assessments, and policies
- Literature review and analysis
- Interviews with local, regional and national key actors
- Support workshop organization and delivery
- Possess or in process of completing a master’s degree in a relevant subject (environmental science, sustainability science, social science, political science, etc.)
- Have experience of qualitative research methods (desirable)
How to apply
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so please submit your application as soon as possible, however no later than 15 May, 23:59 Stockholm local time. Applications should be written in English and consist of a short CV and cover letter (maximum 1 page).
- A cover letter addressing:
- what you would like to learn and contribute with during your internship
- how the internship relates to your studies
- what kind of insurance you are (fully) covered by when travelling and when working on our premises.