Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Within the delegated authority and under the general supervision of the Programme Officer of Subprogramme one, Climate Change, or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer will:
- Support the planning, development and coordination of project management under this subprogramme;
- Prepare comprehensive and detailed reports on project activities, outputs and outcomes;
- Perform detailed project planning including detailed activity scheduling;
- Provide support in the identification of operational problems, and contribute to the proposal and implementation of solutions of running projects;
- Provide project administrative support such as support for travel and event logistical arrangements;
- Identification and development of a way forward and future activities in collaboration with identified partners;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. climate policy, international development, environmental management; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in project- and programme management or resources mobilization or other relevant programmes; experience with environmental projects is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in the environment, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level – Fluent
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 12 May 2020