Sarathi Development Foundation is working over 22 years on participatory principles to prioritize and address needs of children, adolescent girls, youths and women in the sphere of integrated community development. It has evolved, implemented, and scaled impact driven practices engaging community, local governance institutions and government effectively with a focus on child rights, education, health, child protection, water, sanitation, hygiene and livelihood. Sarathi is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of programme manager under its Integrated WASH project being implemented in partnership with Water Aid in Fatehpur district of Uttar Pradesh. S/he will be part of our team based in project district Fatehpur and work on water conservation, recharge, capacity building, convergence planning, supportive supervisions, data management, reporting and other interventions as per project framework. S/he should have demonstrated experience in sanitation model on toilet and Pipe water supply, ground water recharge.
The programme Manager is expected to undertake operational and thematic responsibilities which ultimately guides the suggested Project approach between the different project elements and variety of audiences.
1. Adaptation and execution of Access to safe water, Sanitation and Hygiene approach through Behaviour change process, which mostly includes:
a. Plan activities & engagements with different stakeholders for both qualitative and quantitative output & data collection resulting in the validation of behavioural objectives.
b. Provide Input in BCC strategy and applying it for project’s different audiences.
2. Responsible for various project activity with timelines for monitoring and reviewing progress and milestones.
3. Be Responsible for comprehensive documentation, monitoring & evaluation, and learning purposes and ensure adherence to all agreed protocols in project implementation including the creation of evidence (through life histories and case studies) to illustrate the results of the project activities carried out (including taking photos and videos).
1. Lead project at district level and Coordinate Program activities so that there is coherence and complementarity between them to have a positive impact on the specific target groups and the community.
2. Facilitate and provide required support in planning of program activities linked to the interventions of the other components of the project (Access to water and sanitation hygiene)
3. Maintain a clear line of communication between project team and reporting point person of water Aid
4. Manage the resources allocated to the program activities efficiently (in collaboration with the Water Aid India Program Manager).
5. Consolidate and compile the reports, case studies, do monitoring visits and support the incorporation of information into the different reports (annual, biannual and final).
6. Ensure timely utilisation of project Budget and keep track of the variance and maintain and generate all budgetary reports as and when required.
7. Advocacy with district administration on water and sanitation issues
8. Vigilante of opportunities at district level and collaborate on same for leveraging it
9. Construction components are duly established with demand from community and leveraged from government departments.
10. Innovation, creative, on issues of program
11. Have 100% understanding of government programs, schemes, government structures
12. Fast leaners and team manager
• Based at project Location, strong localities would be preferred.
• Fluent in Hindi and English- Reading, writing, making presentation, case studies, write-up, concept notes, proposals.
• Five years’ experience in a water, sanitation and hygiene sector with non-governmental, non-profit and/or other local organization is preferable.
• Experience in social art, public health, or social marketing campaigns.
• Excellent organizational, logistical and communication skills.
• Good knowledge of the local cultural context and history
• Gender sensitive
• Interest in water, sanitation, and hygiene.
• Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience with non-governmental organizations.
• Experience with visual or performing arts, social art.
• Experience in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector would be preferred.
Education in field of water sanitation and hygiene, preferably from premier institutes of India. Graduated from civil engineering back ground who have worked in development sector having experience of water structure like ponds, rain water harvesting, toilet technologies like twin pit, bio tank, tiger toilet, eco san, technologies to be used in flood situations, waste management would be preferred with substantial evidence. Preferred education on civil engineering with experience on FSTP would be preferred
Mandatory experience: Sanitation model on toilet and Pipe water supply, ground water recharge
Salary: – 45000 per month which is inclusive of PF and other standard deduction per month and travel and communication as per actual
HOW TO APPLY:
The interested candidates may submit their CV along with covering letter at [email protected] by Sunday, 10th May.