Serves as an Environmental Protection Specialist for the United States Section, International Boundary and Water Commission (USIBWC). The position directly supports the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) Clean Rivers Program (CRP) for the Rio Grande Basin. Data collection activities for the CRP are limited to the main stem of the Rio Grande and its tributaries and water shed within the state of Texas.Learn more about this agency
- Perform watershed assessment activities.
- Summarize data and identify specific areas that appear to present the greatest threat to surface water resources within the watersheds.
- Assist in the collection of information on implementation efforts and events designed to improve water quality.
- Engage in environmental management studies.
- Conduct field investigations and participate actively with other government agencies in collecting and interpreting basic natural resource data.
- Review compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements to include the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Safe Drinking Water Act (SOWA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) regulations, Executive Orders, and pertinent case law.
- Attend public and special interest group meetings.
- Make formal presentations.