Background & Objective:
USAID-funded Haiti AVANSE program works to catalyze inclusive, sustainable economic growth in a potentially highly productive agricultural area.
The program is based in Haiti’s Northern Corridor/ Cap-Haitian and will work to increase agricultural incomes by achieving the following results:
IR 1. Agricultural Productivity Increased;
IR 2. Watershed Stability above Selected Plains Improved;
IR 3. Agricultural Markets Strengthened;
The AVANSE project is currently recruiting engineers with experience in irrigation and drainage works.
The Engineer will specifically:
- Develop and finalize terms of reference for the recruitment of study firms or consultants for the preparation of the proposed irrigation systems’ technical files;
- Ensure quality control and field supervision of all the irrigation and drainage activities, implemented by the firms and/or the consultants contracted;
- Prepare quantity estimates and draft budgets;
- Ensure the implementers selected are applying recognized civil engineering standards when performing construction of the irrigation and drainage systems;
- Ensure compliance with USAID environmental standards in the execution of works related to the AVANSE infrastructure component;
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents, studies review, oversight of the execution plans submitted by the implementers and the monitoring of activities throughout the work course;
- Write field visit reports documenting progress and highlighting any issues;
- Participate in the preparation of periodic AVANSE project reports (quarterly, semi-annual and annual) highlighting the progress of the irrigation program activities;
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or his designee.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- A University Degree in civil engineering or related sciences or it’s professional equivalent;
- Experience in the field assessment, design and construction of irrigation and drainage systems;
- Possess an excellent knowledge of field civil engineering works and practices in Haiti;
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and demonstrate rigor in monitoring activities;
- Preferably at least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in the field of civil engineering and irrigation systems;
- Relevant experience working in multidisciplinary teams and donor projects;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and the ability to summarize complex information;
- Good computer skills, especially in the use of computer-assisted design software;
- The ability to work under pressure and independently;
- Fluency in English and French required, verbal skills in Creole preferred;
- The ability to produce reports and quality work in a timely fashion.
The Engineer(s) will report to the Chief of Party or his designee.
To apply for this position, please submit your application including motivation letter, resume and copy of diplomas to: [email protected] mentioning the position “Engineer” in the subject line.