ob Title: Senior Natural Resources Officer (Floodplain Management)
Employment Type: Ongoing
• Do you have knowledge, skills and experience in flood risk management?
• Do you understand the importance of considering flood risk information in land-use planning and decision-making?
• Would you like to help Sydney become a sustainable, liveable and resilient city?
About the Role:
Drive delivery of studies and plans to manage flood risk. Contribute to effective regional delivery of environmental programs by working with Councils to ensure floodplain risk management studies and plans are delivered within reasonable time frames and are of a high quality. Apply your knowledge and experience in flood risk management processes and contribute technical and policy advice to Government and Local Councils.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Civil / Environmental Engineering (or equivalent) and eligible for membership of Engineers Australia.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of floodplain risk assessment methods and floodplain management strategies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Government’s Flood Prone Land Policy, Floodplain Development Manual and related guidelines and legislation.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in the application of hydrological and hydraulic models in analysing flood behaviour and flood hazards.
- Current drivers licence (Class C)
To be successful in the role, ideally you will have:
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience, particularly working with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative manner to deliver innovative, cost-effective and sustainable solutions.
- Technical and project management skills to drive and implement solutions for the entire cycle of flood risk management processes.
- High level of communication skill and ability to communicate complex and sensitive matters.
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster brings together the functions from the former Planning & Environment and Industry Clusters.
The new Cluster will drive for greater levels of integration and efficiency across key areas such as long term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water, mining – energy, and growing our industries. In particular, there will be a redoubling of emphasis on regional NSW.
Please read the following documents prior to preparing you for application:
Good to know:
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from Planning and Environment Cluster and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 18-month period.
Our Sydney based offices are moving to Parramatta! Find out more here.
Our commitment to diversity and flexibility:
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and those with disability.
We understand that flexibility means different things to different people and are committed to offering flexible work arrangements where and when possible
- Complete all the questions in the online application.
- Upload a current cover letter and Resume with your online application. (Candidates must attach their cover letter to their application as the cover letter block has been removed from the online application process)
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Applications Close: 11.59pm Sunday 10th May 2020
Should you require further information about the role please contact;
Peter Freewater on (02) 8837 6343 or [email protected]
If you have any enquiries regarding the recruitment process, please contact; Joe Wehbe at [email protected].