The Rivers Trust are looking for a PR and Events Coordinator. In this role you will lead on all events and PR across the Trust, you will be responsible for managing a range of events, writing press releases and pitching ideas to the media.
You will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Manager and work alongside the Marketing and Communications Assistant. You will be an integral part of the Communications Team, working to promote the Rivers Trust movement on a national and international scale. You will be responsible for coordinating and publicising a calendar of events and PR opportunities. You will be expected to build relationships with the press and seek out opportunities for publicity.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career in events and PR. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of PR and/or events experience and must be outgoing and happy to build relationships with journalists across the UK and Europe. You must be a self-starter, have a flair for storytelling and be highly organised.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and coordinating a PR content and events calendar
- Managing all journalist relationships, including developing new ones
- Managing all inbound press requests
- Preparing and sending all press releases
- Pitching stories and features to journalists
- Co-ordinate filming and broadcast opportunities
- Monitoring press coverage and reporting results internally
- Working closely with the local Rivers Trusts to seek out press opportunities
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to help co-ordinate, write and deliver a PR and Events strategy
- Co-ordinate workshops, conferences, river festivals, fundraising events and more.
- Liaise with local Trusts and fundraisers, provide support and advice for their events
- Liaise and seek out event sponsorship opportunities
Please apply by email by 6pm on 22nd May 2020 to [email protected] including the following:
1. A covering letter of no more than one page telling us why you are who we are looking for.
2. A CV or completed Application Form (if you choose to send a CV please ensure it covers all the information we are looking for).
3. A completed Equal Opportunties Monitoring Form
We will plan to hold interviews on the 28th May 2020 either online or in person, depending on the COVID-19 situation.