FAO Country Office in Uzbekistan is responsible for partnership with and support to the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan, bringing together technical assistance innovative, international best practices and global normative work standards with national and regional expertise.
International Consultant reports to Lead Technical Officer of the project.
Sustainability of aquaculture resources; and aquaculture management and development policies, strategies and plans,
- Work with national consultant to identify priority areas and key intervention activities to guide the choice of strategic axes, through teleconference interviews, focus-group discussions with key stakeholders and other methods as appropriate,
- Review national policy, institutional, legal and regulatory frameworks to ascertain the key action areas to inform a National Aquaculture Development Strategic Plan (NADSP),
- Undertake a situation analysis of the Aquaculture sector, including current initiatives with regard to aquaculture, fisheries, biodiversity, environment, water use, land use, etc.,
- Undertake Stakeholder analysis and mapping,
- Draft a NADSP aligned with national policies and priorities and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and including a vision, mission, strategic objectives, strategic development axes, key interventions under each strategic development axis a planning horizon, an implementation mechanism, a budget and other elements such as strategic performance indicators along with establishing baselines, milestones and targets,
- Finalize the NADSP reflecting inputs from the national stakeholders If contract extended, the tasks may also include a country visit under conditions favourable for travelling in relation to coronavirus pandemic.
- At least an Advanced University degree in fisheries or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years of specialization or demonstrated experience in aquaculture policy, planning and development working with national organizations and authorities.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian), preferably Russian. In the case of PSA.SBS, working knowledge of English.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Formulation of at least one national aquaculture policy, strategy and/or plans.