Supervisor (River Operations Center)
Supervises, coordinates and directs activities of staff responsible for managing river operations for flood control and water supply. Provides oversight and direction of the River Operations Center and related engineering functions.
- Provides leadership and direction to technical and professional staff in the River Operations Center. Hires, trains, assigns work, evaluates and manages performance, determines compensation of subordinate staff in compliance with human resources policies and handles all aspects of staff supervision. Maintains awareness of department issues and responds to employee needs and concerns. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information.
- Provides leadership and direction to all activities of the River Operations Center.
- Directs and provides technical oversight to hydraulic and hydrologic analysis and engineering related to the operation of the river and dams. Approves and monitors quality control standards and ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and engineering practice standards. Develops technical and leadership skills within the River Operations Center.
- Ensures appropriate processes, procedures and records are developed and maintained within the River Operations Center to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and timeliness of the data, information and products provided, and; meet requirements of LCRA’s water rights, Water Management Plan, FEMA agreements, USACE rules and other requirements. Ensures appropriate technology for river operations.
- Develops contingency plans, emergency response plans and other related plans for managing river operations during flood events. Coordinates with Emergency Management staff, and develops flood scenarios and technical data for flood drills and exercises. Develops and administers training to maintain skills needed within other work groups to support flood operations, including operation of flood forecast models.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external partners and customers.
- Develops and delivers various reports and presentations to management and other stakeholders.
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, engineering technology, engineering physics, biosystems engineering, mathematical science, physical science or related science
- Eight or more years of post-Bachelors experience, including experience in flood control operations for major reservoirs, remote data collection systems and providing leadership in engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Texas
Share on your newsfeed
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.