Faculty Program Coordinator:
Graduate Programs in Geographic Information Systems and Environmental Science and Policy
The Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) is a division of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences at the Johns Hopkins University (JHU). As the nation’s oldest and one of the most prestigious research universities, Johns Hopkins offers high-quality master’s degrees and post-baccalaureate education to students in the mid-Atlantic region and online. In addition to the online programs, AAP also offers master’s degrees and graduate certificate programs at its Washington, DC Center, Montgomery County Campus and at the Homewood campus in Baltimore, MD. AAP enrolls almost 5,000 students each academic year.
The Advanced Academic Programs (AAP) division seeks a Faculty Program Coordinator to teach in and provide administrative support to two programs: the MS in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and the MS in Environmental Science and Policy (ESP). JHU is conducting a broad search and is committed to hiring a candidate who, through their teaching and service, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Of particular interest are candidates who have experience teaching and engaging students from diverse backgrounds. The Faculty Program Coordinator is a full-time, non-tenure-track, 12-month renewable faculty position. The Faculty Program Coordinator will have significant interaction/collaboration with the Associate Program Director for GIS and will report to the Program Director for ESP. The Program Coordinator will have the following administrative and instructional responsibilities:
• Teaching responsibilities include 5 graduate courses per year, including the preparation and time spent in the classroom (online or onsite), maintaining and improving competence in those subjects being taught, engaging and mentoring students from diverse backgrounds in the learning process, and promoting student networking opportunities. Additional duties include
- Advising up to 150 students in both the GIS and ESP programs;
- Assisting and identifying adjunct faculty;
- Provide input on curricular development to ensure the delivery of quality programs;
- Other administrative duties as assigned.