The USAID E-WASH program is working to improve urban water and sanitation service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of the State Water Boards (SWBs) in six states in Nigeria – Abia, Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, and Taraba. In collaboration with the respective state governments and SWBs, E-WASH works toward achieving the following mutually reinforcing objectives:
• Creating professionally managed and commercially oriented SWBs
• Improving the financial and operational viability of SWBs
• Strengthening policy, institutional, and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services, including establishing accountability mechanisms
• Building national and state WASH advocacy, coordination, and communications for reform
The program is part of USAID’s wider efforts to build closer coordination with the Government of Nigeria, including the Federal Ministry of Water Resources, select SWBs, and allied stakeholders, to advance broad-based economic growth and resilience through improved WASH services in urban areas.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To inform of the program’s interventions related to the four objectives above, USAID E-WASH delivers on a number of technical reports covering assessments, program progress, studies, and technical assistance outputs. This assignment is for a Senior Technical Report Writer to support the development of these reports and documents to present ready material for the SWBs, USAID and other stakeholders as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Technical Report Writer will be responsible in revising current report/document structures, providing technical restructuring, drafting infographics, and preparing strategic solutions for technical gaps. In addition, the Senior Consultant will provide technical writing support and professional edits to one or more of the following documents around program activities including but not limited to Financial Management, Organizational Development, Customer Enumeration, WASH Services Management, and others as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
The Senior Consultant is required to have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least 8 years of overall experience in professional technical writing, proposal development, technical solutioning, and overall reporting.
• Have worked with USAID implementing partners on documenting and reporting program contractual and technical deliverables, including knowledge in USAID reporting style and aspects of branding/marking.
• Knowledge of WASH, governance, health sectors preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please include a one-page expression of interest, CV, and list of professional recommendations. Please note, the one-page expression of interest must outline the candidate’s experience in USAID report writing, sample infographics, available start date and availability for the next 2-3 months.