- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO has been working in Bangladesh since 1973. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which is headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments in ensuring healthy, safe and nutritious food; sustainability of productive ecosystem and assist in climate change adaptation and mitigation. In addition, it also support the government to reduce hunger and malnutrition, help developing the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Bangladesh, direct supervision of the International Program Specialist in Cox’s Bazar and close contact with the Snr Forestry Specialist, the Agricultural Hazards and Vulnerability Mapping Specialist will work to develop a tool for Agricultural Vulnerability and Hazard Mapping. He will suggest solution for ensuring better resilience for the farmers exposed to climatic catastrophe and landslide vulnerability.
Develop / be responsible for the identification of different hazard that affect farm production, physical delineation of the extent of hazard at smallest unit, in close collaboration with the field office under Departments of Agriculture Extension and private stakeholders. The consultant will also be accountable for managing the implementing partners, arrange training and workshop for the farmers and other stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Agricultural Hazards Mapping and Vulnerability Analysis Specialist will support the FAO Emergency Response Programme in Cox’s Bazar in conducting following tasks:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies